Prominently driven by the increasing use of boundary-scan solutions for printed circuit board (PCB) and integrated circuit (IC) developments – the global boundary-scan hardware market generated revenues worth US$ 1.3 Bn in the year 2018. The high demand for new and advanced testing equipment and the adoption of the hardware in embedded instruments will also be important factors driving boundary-scan hardware installation shortly. As per the findings of a new report, the increasing number of small-sized companies that cannot afford expensive in-circuit testers are opting for boundary-scan hardware. This has been a key booster to the market growth in the recent past.
Key Takeaways – Boundary Scan Hardware Market Study
- Production test, onboard device programming, and design verification require the usage of boundary-scan controllers
- Boundary-scan hardware is highly versatile and can be utilized in the entire production processes, which include emulation, in-system, and on-chip programming
- Boundary-scan is a scalable high-performance platform for testing and scan operations.
- Boundary-scan input/output pins are used as an alternative of expensive digital pin electronics.
- The demand for boundary-scan hardware in the aerospace & defence industry is projected to increase at a striking CAGR of 7% during the forecast period
- Implementation of boundary-scan hardware is expected to be high in North America, owing to advancements in measuring and testing equipment.